Today I'm rediscovering some old swindie favourites - both with new releases.
First, /Sambassadeur. New album, and I can't helo but love the art work - the deck of one of the ferries that run between Finland and Sweden. They should be like on the album cover, all yacht rock, sea breeze and white chinos, but in reality, they are mostly floating vessels of hedonism (not the good kind), cheap booze and paistley patterened carpets covered in vomit. The high point is usually the Finnish gypsies singing karaoke.
I might come back to these ferries later, I have a love-hate relationship with them that everybody that's been commuting between the two countries will share with me.
Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, swindie!
The Radio Dept. has a bit of a cult status in Sweden. People have longed and waited and then waited some more for new material, I'm just about to sink my teeth (no ears really) into it. This too with brilliant artwork.
No comments:
Post a Comment