Salem Al Fakir is one of those annoyingly talented people who can play anything.
I know that it happens, but I'm still quite embarrassed to admit that I had a bit of a crush on him (that hair! those eyes!) back in Sweden around the time when his debut album was released. We got introduced backstage at the Hultsfred festival, and I probably came across as a extremely shy and possibly mute 14 year old. Thank fuck for age and experience, I say. I don't miss my younger less secure, less sophisticated, -less everything really- self at all. But that wasn't the point.
The point was that Salem is in the Swedish finals for the Eurovision Song Contest (they make it last for like 4 months in Sweden, occupying prime time television and the release schedules for MONTHS, it's insanity dressed in camp, bright colours, background singers and modulations all the way up to the actual finals).
Salem has just released his third album, called "Ignore This" too. Here's the Eurovision song:
No comments:
Post a Comment