When it comes to credible, cool but still mainstream music, Finland is kinda behind the rest of Scandinavia with the likes of Robyn, Royksopp, Lykke Li and The Concretes getting all the spotlight. For a reason, of course. Finland's got Boomfunk MC's. Errhm.
Don't get me wrong, when it comes to really filthy techno and dance music, I don't know anybody who does it better than the Finnish/Berlin based New Judas label, with Downtown, Les Gilliettes, Huoratron and my favourites Pets on Prozac, to name a few.
But it's the commercially available indie I miss from Finland. There's a few sparkling lights in the bottomless arctic darkness though. Ones of them is Husky Rescue, now touring UK. On Wednesday, we're gonna go see them in Bath. (They're not coming to Bristol, for some inexplicable reason - this is a phenomenon I've seen before; bands coming to Bath, but not Bristol. I recent that.)
It's a bit folksy, a bit whispering (like their biggest hit "My Home Ghost" from the album "Ghost Is Not Real".
Now you can download their new single " We shall burn bright" for free on their site>
http://www.huskyrescue.co.uk/
Watcha waiting for? Get enlightened, get some finndie in your ears!
No comments:
Post a Comment